A lot of people are terrified of the idea that UFOs are real and there is a government agency that exists to monitor them. It’s easy to understand why; if they already exist, who knows what they’re capable of? The article discusses what the new initiative hopes to achieve, the difficulties it will face and more importantly, the implications this could have for our future.
There are many different types of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs. Some are simply strange-looking aircraft, while others cannot be explained at all. Here are some of the most common types of UFO reports:
- Strange Lights in the Sky: This is perhaps the most common type of UFO report. People see strange lights in the sky, often at night, and can’t explain what they are seeing. This could be anything from a bright meteor to a faraway planet.
- Flying Saucers: One of the most iconic images of a UFO is the flying saucer. These objects are often described as circular or disk-shaped, and may have lights around the edges. They may also make strange noises or have unusual flight patterns.
- Triangle-Shaped UFOs: Many people have reported seeing triangle-shaped objects in the sky. These objects are often very large, and may have lights on each point of the triangle. They usually fly quite slowly and silently.
- cylinder-Shaped UFOs: Cylinder-shaped UFOs are another common type of sighting. These objects are long and thin, like a cigar or a rod, and may have lights on them as well. They sometimes appear to be spinning as they fly through the air.
- Oddly Shaped Aircraft: Sometimes people see aircraft that are completely unlike anything they’ve ever seen before. These could be experimental military craft, but they could also be something completely
The recent declassification of military UFO video evidence
In the past few years, the US military has declassified several videos of unexplained aerial phenomena (UAP), more commonly known as UFOs. The most famous of these is the “Tic Tac” incident, captured by US Navy pilots in 2004.
With more and more people recording UFO sightings in the military with multiple instruments (radar, video, infrared sensors..), the US government has finally decided to do something about it.
The Newly Created, All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office
The United States Department of Defense has established a new office [Source: US Department of Defense] to investigate unexplained aerial phenomena, more commonly known as “UFOs.” The move comes after years of increasing reports of sightings by military personnel and civilians alike.
The newly created Anomaly Resolution Office will be tasked with collecting and analyzing data on UFO sightings, and determining if they pose a threat to national security. The office will also be responsible for coordinating with other government agencies and international partners on the issue.
This is a major step forward in the transparency of the government’s UFO research, and will hopefully help to quell some of the public’s fears and skepticism about the issue. With this new office, we can expect to see more information about UFO sightings released to the public, and perhaps even some definitive answers about what these mysterious objects actually are.
The Fermi paradox
The Fermi paradox is the apparent contradiction between an argument for the likelihood of extraterrestrial civilizations and humanity’s lack of observable contact with such civilizations. The basic elements of the paradox are:
There are an estimated 300 sextillion stars in the observable universe.
Even if a tiny fraction of these stars had planets that could support life, there would still be billions of habitable worlds.
Some of these civilizations would be technologically advanced enough to have developed interstellar travel. With such a high number of potential civilizations out there, it is unlikely that we are the only ones in the universe.
So where is everyone?
One possible explanation for the lack of evidence for extraterrestrial civilizations is that they are too far away for us to detect. Another possibility is that extraterrestrial civilizations simply don’t exist. In any case, something that transcends our current understanding of physics and technology is regularly visiting our skies and we might soon find out what it is.